Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The show is fast approaching -- suddenly the calendar says 2010 and it means I need to get myself moving! I've only completed four of the portraits, but the plans and performance are shaping up all around.

I've invited a bunch of wonderful mothers and artists to perform with me at the show, and the meetings we've been having are totally inspirational. We sit in my living room, making shadow plays, figuring out harmonies, dance, paint techniques and lighting, talking about what to wear, and just generally letting our creative selves loose. We range in age from 34 to 60, and the energy is rich and diverse. It's beautiful!

I'm looking for sponsors, right now, and, as always, am still looking for used (soiled is great too) white bed linens.

3 comments:

  1. Finally, a blog post I can comment on. This show looks fricken amazing!! Happy happy New Year Emil and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rachel!! I'm going to have some videos of the creative "rehearsals", soon. (They're not really rehearsals yet, so much as figuring out what we're doing.) It is all just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds MAGNIFICENT Emily !!!
    Is your performance on May 1st only, or ??? I want to attend, I know it will be fantastic !!
    What a great start to the new Decade.
    love, Aunt Liz

    ReplyDelete