Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Gratitude


The Fort Worden Installation is coming up in 2 weeks, and I have so many people to be thankful for. Kate Burke, of Fort Worden, has been helping me coordinate the event; Phil Simmons of Coast Lumber in Burlington, WA, has not only donated the lumber for the installation-stands, but also given travel advice, and most of all Steve and Elaine Bailey - the couple who initially invited me to Port Townsend - have not only made this event happen, but will also provide us with accommodation for the 6 nights we'll be in Port Townsend.

These gifts are enormous, but the feeling of gratitude comes also from having spoken to many people who have tried - and often been unable - to help. Friendly souls searched their lumber yards for me, inquired into the legal ins and outs of bringing lumber and art one way or the other over the border, advised on travelling, etc. and just generally been supportive, kind, and helpful as I have been running on empty with the management of this project.

Thank you all!!! I'll definitely post photos of the Fort Worden Installation, when I'm back.

No comments:

Post a Comment